Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The individual and the menace...

















Trying to work out some general compositions for a very generalized idea that's swirlin' around me head for a couple of paintings... these two quick sketches are pastel (oooohh, the fancy name for chalk!)
Oil would be cool but, I'm completely un-motivated to unleash the toxins and smells, and while the coolest thing about oils is their buttery consistency and the fact that they take forever to dry, (so you can work and re-work and blend and re-do and scrape off and start over and blend some more)...well, they take forever to dry. (Seriously up to a year!).
I'll probably go with acrylics... they can do some of what oil can do, and they don't stink. I know there are many many many mediums out there... although I have yet to find a thickener that I like (or actually thickens without some sort of grain). Anyone have any good results with any thickeners??? I've got a Liquitex 'blended fibers texture gel' and (also Liquitex) 'slow dry blenging gel' that are beggin' to be opened...

No comments: