Monday, December 28, 2015

300 Lessons

I have a large and mostly dusty stack of art books that I have accumulated over the years and most of those books have challenges, suggestions, techniques, how to's and exercises.  My intention WAS to go through them, one by one in order.  I realized there is a reason some of these are dusty. The challenge to go outdoors and paint from life is less than appealing on a 30 degree day.


I found an art lesson book called "300 Lessons in Art" by Robert Henkes copyright 1981 (for middle and high school aged kids)
Lesson #1 is to draw natural object with texture in pencil and then with felt tip pen. Frogs are pencil.  I didn't want to go over (as instructed) with felt tip pen so I did the peacock in pen instead.   I am guessing I get an "F" for not following instructions, but the texture was fun to do while watching "Back to the future 3".


No comments: