Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lino Printing


Decided to do a lino print this weekend and got a little busy! I wanted to do something Autumn like and for some reason I thought of a crow or blackbird as being Fall -ish, maybe the Halloween thing. This is the first (and only so far) print of the bird... not sure if I need to do a little more carving or not. The image is about 8x8.

For this one I used an image from one of my paintings of Dan's shoes, 4x6 or postcard size...
I've always warmed the linoleum in the oven a little (175-200 degrees max) to make it easier to carve but, on this one, I accidentally put them in a 350 degree oven! The linoleum bubbled and even when completely cool, it peeled a little (not to mention it smelled NASTY). It turned out pretty decent considering...


The trees I just drew the image right onto the linoleum and started carving... was having a ard time wrapping my head around the negative image/ mirror image thing on this one. I think it would have been cool to do opposite of this and print with white on black. Printed 5 of these, postcard size.

And last, I had a leftover scrap that was perfect ATC size (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) so... waste not want not, right?
Quidam is both everyone and no one, somebody, one unknown.

No comments: